Chitosan hydrochloride is the chloride salt of chitosan, consisting of the two units N-acetyl-D-glucosamine and D-glucosamine, obtained by partial deacetylation of chitin normally leading to a degree of deacetylation of 70.0 per cent to 95.0 per cent. Chitin is extracted from the shells of shrimp and crab.
As one of the chitosan derivative, Chitosan Hydrochloride has more function than chitosan, firstly it is water soluble, could be easy dissolve in water and week acid, this could help for easy use and formulation.
|Source||Alaska snow crab shell|
|Appearance||White or almost white fine powder.|
|Deacetylation (DAC degree)||90.0% min|
|Heavy metals [Pb]||20ppm max|
|Arsenic [As]||0.5ppm max|
|Cadmium [Cd]||0.5ppm max|
|Particle size||40~60 mesh|
Application of Chitosan Powder
* Antibacterial agent
* Fruit and vegetable preservatives
* Additives for health-care food
* Clarifying agent for fruit juice
* In agriculture, chitosan is typically used as a natural seed treatment and plant growth enhancer, and as an ecologically friendly biopesticide substance that boosts the innate ability of plants to defend themselves against fungal infections.
* As feed additives, can inhibit and kill the harmful bacterium, improve animals immunity.
Function of the Chitosan Hydrochloride
1.It can be used in preparing wound and burn dressing with excellent hemostatic effect.
2.Capsule health care products can be made from it, and it is easy for consumption. And it can be absorbed with dissolution, so it can fully develop health care function of chitosan.
3.It can be used in sorbefacient of hydrophilic medicine and natural nutritional cosmetics.
4.It keeps quality of chitosan, and has good film-forming property and bacteria restraint property. Therefore, it can be used in food additive and antistaling agent of fruits and vegetables.